Once a functional and feasible design concept has been developed, engineering of the tension fabric structure can begin. Eide Industries’ engineering services include everything required to certify our tensile structures with permitting authorities for stress, wind, snow and/or seismic activities. These services include:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to determine reaction forces of the structure under simulated loads such as the wind, gravity, and pretension of cables.
- Engineering calculations to ensure the structure is suitable for the loads in your city, whether it’s 115MPH Santa Ana winds in California, 180MPH hurricane winds in Florida or 50LB snow loads in Syracuse NY.
- Design and calculation of appropriate concrete footing sizes.
- Optimization of frame structure member sizing and anchoring.
- Precise fabric patterning of the tension structure membranes to ensure a tight and wrinkle free fit.
- Certified Engineering drawings and calculations suitable for state and local permitting authorities.
- Detailed and approved shop drawings for manufacturing.