Don’t Be Afraid to Add a Little Color to Your Architecture!
Panzica Building Corporation out of South Bend, Indiana headed up the design-build construction efforts for the building remodel and expansion of the Success Academy South Bend (SASB), a K-6 Charter School. Panzica designers were excited to use rich and vibrant fabrics in their project, but wanted to make sure they were producing a responsible and long term solution as well.
Panzica approached Eide after downloading the 3D Eucalyptus Modules (produced by Tension Structures) from the Trimble SketchUp Warehouse. Figuring out how to produce the right colors to match their facade tiles and provide a 15-year fabric warranty was the tricky part.
In order to attain the fabric warranty requirements, Eide Industries designed a durable dual-layer solution. We provided Panzica with several brochures of various PVC manufactures, giving them dozens of color options. The final result was to vacuum seal and weld together flame-retardant Serge Ferrari Precontraint 1002 T2 fabric, as the top layer, to the colorful bottom layers of VIP-FR Fabric by Sauleda.
The project was completed on schedule just in time for the 2015-2016 school year. We hope the children of Success Academy find inspiration as well as shelter under the Eide Tension Structures while they learn, grow and create long lasting childhood memories.
- Five (5) Eucalyptus Tension Structure Canopies – Approximately 20’ x 20’ each (total of 1,500 SF of shade)
- Three (3) EC-20-14 – with 8’ 1” Clearance, 14’ 0” Height, and 3’ 0” Diameter Bale Ring
- Two (2) EC-20-17 – with 11’ 1” Clearance, 17’ 0” Height, and 3’ 0” Diameter Bale Ring
- Double layer PVC fabric membranes are vacuumed and sealed together
- TOP Layer – White, Serge Ferrari Precontraint 1002 T2 (15 Year Prorated Warranty)
- BOTTOM Layer – VIP-FR Fabric by Sauleda (5 Year Warranty for UV Degradation)
- VIP-FR Colors are two (2) Verde Claro, one (1) Rojo, one (1) Azul, and one (1) Mandarina
- Engineered Snow Loads 43 PSF
- Engineered Wind Loads is 115 MPH (3 Second Gust), Exposure “B”
- Engineered Seismic Design Category “B”
- Paint frame finish is White Powder Coat